Tuesday 4 January 2011

Tribute to Ford and its "lovely CARS".

For my readers at FORD Corp in GB.


Once, longtime ago, i used to buy Ford cars from Germany.
I could not afford cars having been built in the U.S.A.* and wanted to drive on the right side of the road which would not have been quite a good idea if i had bought a British FORD.
I had also driven some Ford from U.S.A. especially a Mustang 1968.

I have had these cars and much more bought to my nearest Ford Dealer. One at a time, need i say ?

Here they are.
No original photo, sorry.

Capri V6 2 300 GT having been stolen.


Capri 3 000, mechanical gear.
An italian godess with a long skirt.


And many Ford TAUNUS and GRANADAS, 
Reliable with room for legs when you were behind.
Taunus : 
L GL GXL  2000, 
 Granada GL 2 300, GHIA 2 800, 
+ some more.

Ford four in line engine was really a nice engine, I have had one and still have it beside i had an accident with that car, i have kept the engine and gearbox.

I have had also Taunus 17 M Super Sedan
and Station wagon "break".
All cars except a Sierra and an old 17 M with 
V4  1 700 engine, were bought NEW .
All serviced by Ford dealers when under warranty.
All serviced by myself, your humble customer, when there were no more warranty.

Why did i bought Ford Cars ?
I could serviced them, myself with no expensive tools and there was enough room under the bonnet to put a big hand*, mine, sorry, to repaire what needed to be !
* Viking inheritance big hands and big mouth too ;o)


Along the years i dismounted and rebuilt some engines, V4 1 700, 
a lot of V6 2 000 - 2 300 - 2 600 - 2 800 - 3 000, 
some 4 in line mainly 2 000 and a 1 700 the two kinds, 
some rear axles 
at least two hydraulic gearboxes 
plus normal servicing.

It was a time i could change the friction plates of the dry clutch of may cars, it cost me very little.

One defect of conception was the starter, it took too much time to get it off. It was changed and replaced by two nuts and bolts.
Them came electronic and special tools.
The time of the block box, the time of the closed technology.

When it cost too much to repaire my hydraulic gearbox i dismounted and found my problems came from an inexpensive Spydan ring.
I managed to change the ring, not so easy.
It was done, i had then a problem with the brake inside the gearbox, i asked a friend whose job was to repaire Ford Engines and fixed the problem.

It was time ! Ford has changed from open to close technology.

I stopped buying any new cars, from any dealers.
I had enough old cars from Ford to go on driving for a long time.

From afficionado i became technology delused.

No simple mood.
A change in Ford paradygm, captive service and captive costumer. Unfair game.

Too bad guys, a car which is like a shuttle is no Ford Car, tought but easily repaired.

Ford,
did no more believe in Ford principles.

No Humble costumer
and 
No Humble Car Builder.

Too Bad !



S. CARVAJAL
Strategic Management & Innovations 

* Taxes as high as 33% when buying a car plus expensive Gasoline (more than 80 % taxes on Gas) in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers

About Me

Organe de re-information Chrétien.